is this even worth reading
In conclusion, fuck everyone who thinks a fic isn’t interesting if it doesn’t have sex in it, or a pairing, or something triggery that needs a warning. G-rated gen is beautiful. G-rated gen is wonderful. G-rated gen doesn’t mean that a fic is safe, padded, comfortable, and is just all pastel colors with no depth. Have you read “Goodnight Room”? There’s some nightmare fuel for you.
#whenever I see this kind of attitude I just get so filled with rage #and it’s not just because I write G-rated gen #but because it just confirms for me a lot of what I have problems with with fandom #this idea that a relationship is necessary for a story to be good #this idea that sex is necessary for a story to be good #do people not see a problem with that #do people not see how that reflects broader social issues #this concept that lonely = bad and that asexual or not having sex = bad #sure yes I understand that fandom is an escape #and that people have personal preferences with their story reading #but when there’s almost this fandom-wide pressure to write slash and porn lest you be shoved off to the sidelines #and your fic considered unworthy or boring without even a moment’s consideration #that’s what bothers me #there’s so much exploration of so many concepts in g-rated gen #backstories #friendships #canonbending #sometimes even exploration of relationships #g-rated gen is an incredibly rich genre #and fuck everyone who just totally ignores it because it doesn’t have sex violence gore whatever #on some level I wonder if this is also why people discredit children’s shows and children’s books #because they’re ‘tame’ and because they’re ‘boring’#hah #go pick up some children’s books and children’s shows sometime and REALLY read them #there’s some quality subversion and social commentary in a lot of them
This original post was a joke.
A fucking joke meant for a quick laugh, not a serious judgment of all fanfiction written with a G rating or a gen classification.
- Making a funny.
- Pulling your leg.
- Taking the piss.
WHATEVER SLANG YOU WANT TO USE
I was not being serious.
And i’m really, really, ree-hee-HEALLY tired of seeing comments saying I’m classifying all stories written in this style to be “worthless” or what have you.
I literally posted a single cropped screenshot and a half-question with no punctuation or capitalization, and it was extrapolated to mean that I am demeaning asexual relationships, non-sexual writing, non-romantic characters, and half-a-dozen other extreme conclusions.
One post written in a half-sarcastic manner? No, it doesn’t define who I am as a person. So you can say “fuck everyone who thinks this”, or maybe you can just take more than a cursory glance at who I am as a human being and who I am as a member of fandoms.
- winterqueenelsaa likes this
- sistabro reblogged this from thegeminisage
- trinketsandtangles likes this
- thegeminisage reblogged this from not-rubato
- bending-sickle reblogged this from emmaswanned
- seriouslycas likes this
- genoshaisforlovers reblogged this from wugs
- comedanceintherain reblogged this from warpfactornope
- iamsoooolokid reblogged this from doctor-m-geiszler
- tobiasbeechers likes this
- remivel reblogged this from doctor-m-geiszler
- hufflepufffind reblogged this from kaijuroxy
- glitteringworlds reblogged this from emmaswanned
- blueskypenguin reblogged this from minimal23
- minimal23 reblogged this from saxifraga-x-urbium
- doveinabowl likes this
- sassyaceari reblogged this from nothing-rhymes-with-grantaire
- aerynlallaboso reblogged this from nothing-rhymes-with-grantaire
- skiesfyre likes this
- the-page-mistress likes this
- pleaselookaftermyghost likes this
- tetraghost likes this
- nothing-rhymes-with-grantaire reblogged this from emmaswanned and added:
- mcshanes reblogged this from emmaswanned
- badgermoles likes this
- alderaantimesalderaanplaces reblogged this from emmaswanned
- ripppedfuel likes this
- emmaswanned reblogged this from incomprehensiblelentils
- nerdyninjanicole likes this
- ladysybil likes this
- incomprehensiblelentils reblogged this from leahsfiction
- chochotolate reblogged this from ihavealittlefeminism
- digitalmeowmix likes this
- leahsfiction reblogged this from warpfactornope
- earthquakedream reblogged this from nawaazish
- earthquakedream likes this
- nawaazish reblogged this from faege
- nawaazish likes this
- ronnachu likes this
- faege reblogged this from veneredirimmel
- followingyourbliss likes this
- sweet---dean reblogged this from ununpentium
- juppschmitz reblogged this from veneredirimmel
- juppschmitz likes this
- naniwakitty reblogged this from lagdguadiogh
- mystradedoodles likes this
- siterlas likes this
- jodihodi likes this
- auntiesuze likes this